Friday, January 28, 2005

No traveling

Well my interview has been changed to a phone interview due to the interviewer finding out I'm about 4 hours away. I was willing to go up there but a phone interview for the first (if more than one) one should work well. I had another call today from another Researcher I sent my resume to - didn't go well. Although I did learn from it. He suggested brushing up on calculating skill (i.e. figuring out how much solution to add to make a certain concentration). He said his lab was fast paced and was afraid I would get trampled... he talked like it was fast paced after hanging up I felt all flustered. During our conversation he asked me to do a calculation of a concentration I wasn't quite able to do it I know if I see what I'm supposed to do then apply my numbers I'm find I just need to make sure I know how to apply them. The guy said not to feel bad that most didn't get all the way through either. There were other questions dealing with non math things that I knew the answers to - seemed to impress him that way but yet he felt working for him would be a better second job than first. So the fact that he didn't flat out say you suck made me happy. So on Monday about 12 noon say a little prayer for me that the interview goes well and if this is where I'm to go that it works out if not - well that I don't get frustrated and depressed. I'm sure there is something out there for me just don't know where. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger KAN said...

well, I'm not waiting until Monday, I'm praying for you now :) I hate phone interviews. I had a few of those, and some didn't go so well. I ended up feeling stupid. Not fun.

I had to wait 6 weeks until I got a job. Those 6 weeks felt like forever. But I know there's something for you. You may just have to wait a bit and see...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just remember C1*V1=C2*V2
so if you know the concentration of start and finish and the final volume you can find how much of the start you need to use! =)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home