Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Job search continues

Well one of my prospects is no longer... The job in Portland has turned out to be a no go... The position requires weekend work - I was straight forward from the beginning of my beliefs and that I would not work on the Sabbath. The researcher said it was workable but now it turns out he doesn't think it would work which I understand and am happy to have closure on the position so I don't have to think about it anymore. Still waiting on the LLU position... keep checking their web site for postings think I should email the researcher down there soon.
When one door closes... my window might be the call I got today from a technical recruiting agency - I applied for one position with the company and got a call although after talking with a very nice woman about the job I applied for it is not what would be of interest to me as other positions that are often available. She said she will keep looking and keep in contact. She also gave me info to contact her and maybe this will be what I'm looking for. A lot of what she sees is actually in Seattle area...

In other news I have begun to clean out my room. I have a lot of junk. I am a pack rat although have gotten a bit better recently. The more I move the more apt I am to throw things away. Although there are still things I don't need and don't 'play' with that I am keeping but I am significantly decreasing the amount I keep. After I go through everything I should go through it again and throw more away if I can. I have papers from high school that were fun to look at but do I really want to keep them to look at them again in a few years? I really don't know. Probably not... I did throw most away though. Anyone want charcoal and graphite drawing pencils? I don't remember why I ever got them and don't remember using them... also if anyone wants any old Horse Illustrated and Practical Horseman magazines I have quite a few that I am not going to lug around with me where ever I go... anyway time for me to sleep

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well at least now you know the job isn't yours... sigh.

as for throwing away stuff... i should do that, but it takes so much effort. but i need to at least dump all the financial papers from last year in a box. that should help with some of the clutter and then in whatever many years it is i can just throw away all the contents of the box.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home