Sunday, December 26, 2004

Starbucks

Today I went with my brother and sister-in-law to Cost-co with agreement that we would stop at Starbucks so I could use my gift card (at least part of it) I got from my friend. Because it might be a while till I finish it unless I by a mug or something but I tend to use them for drinks - imagine that... because since I'm going to be home for a while the closest Starbucks is a half an hour away and I don't plan on going there often... Anyway we stopped on the way back home and I ordered my usual a tall soy caramel macchiato and went to pay with my gift card and the girl asked if there was anything else I could use to pay - their computer system or something like that for them was down and they couldn't process payments with gift cards - guessing it was because of the amount of people using them that day - another worker walked by and said they went down at ~10 and the corporate office said they'd be back up in about an hour and scoffed because it was at this time after 2. So I couldn't even use my gift card - sad. Later I thought I should have said I didn't have any other way of paying - try to see if I could get it for free.. :) too bad I don't think that way cause who knows may have worked.

2 Comments:

Blogger k2h said...

what a rip off.
I would actually write a letter, or email to starbucks and explain your situation. maybe even point to your blog entry. We recently moldy cheese from walmart. it was like the third bag we have got and it sucks cause you don't want to drive all the way back and wait in line for 3$ worth fo cheese. so jen wrote an email on walmart.com and gave feedback. they sent us a giftcard for 10$. so give startbucks feedback. if they don't make it right then they suck.

7:30 PM  
Blogger forkev said...

i agree with keith.

with the price of fuel and stamps what they are today, people cannot expect us driving around and writing letters. they should come to us.

walmart kept getting my bagel price wrong (off by 10 cents each purchase for almost a year) and i discovered their policy: if it's less then 3$, they give you all the money back they charged you, and the item for free.

each time i'd get my bagels for free, i'd explain that they needed to update their comptuters. they never did and i ended up shopping elsewhere for bagels (snyders bakery outlet rocks, almost everyhting less then 1$ and 14$ worth of bread fills our 13cf freezer.

you owe it to overpriced cofee distributer ( starbucks ) to let them know you don't appreciate having to purchase your own cofee when it was given to you as a gift. tell 'em you've got some beach front property in arizona for them.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home