Thursday, October 28, 2004

Because Palegreenhorse did

My birthday was yesterday. I went out to eat for lunch but no singing there. I had two of my friends sing VERY loudly and off key (very bad sounds). This caught the attention of at least three others who then came and wished me happy birthday. In return for the bad singing and embarrassment I got a card for Starbucks :). MMMM free coffee.
I guess I did get have people sing to me at a restraint - on Friday. My roommate type person and her parents took me out to eat. (Compare that to the title mentions persons story, weird? ah... will ignore that.) It was a Mexican restaurant singing wasn't much better than my friends but they tried. I also got to wear a sombrero and have my picture taken. Lucky me, but what makes up for this all - free food (from the parents) AND free dessert - deep fried ice cream (from the restaurant). All in all not a bad deal. At least it wasn't like last year at Red Robin when they made me stand on the chair to get my sundae. Thats just cheap entertainment for everyone else...

6 Comments:

Blogger forkev said...

any chance you'll hit spokane anytime soon?
i've a live in roommate dying to see you.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'd hate for kev's live in roommate to die! better get up there janell.
cheap entertainment... yes, sigh. although i don't find it amusing when other people get it done to them. i'm not sure i got my pie for free at marie calender's (or is it calendar's?). i would have gladly paid $6 for the pie to avoid the singing. you are a much better sport janell.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I really liked the standing-on-a-chair thing last year. I guess I'm one of the everyone else who you're referring to. :) Are you coming out here for Thanksgiving, Janell?

7:26 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

Nope, most likely going home (GP) and to my Grandparents... :( I know I will be greatly missed.

9:45 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

were you wearing a skirt when you had to stand on the chair?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

uh yeah and it was really short..... NO! I actually was not wearing a skirt and tou are a nerd for asking that question.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home