Friday, November 12, 2004

The end is in sight and it's kinda scary

All the copies of my thesis have been delivered to appropriate committee members. Now all I have to do is work on my presentation. Yeah - that's ALL I have to do (it is a bit of work though). It is scary to think I am almost done, but the defense process is more scary than the thought of being done and not knowing exactly what is next.

Every defense committee (at least for biology at this college) has an outside observer of the defense process - the line they sign on when it's all said and done says "Observer of the Process - Graduate Representative" - very technical title - :). I asked (well chose and my Major Professor was the one who's job it was to ask) a professor from the History dept. to be my outside person. I only had him for one class but he is a good teacher, cool guy,and smart and I also know he has some background/interest in biology from conversation during oral exam of the class I had from him. When I dropped off the his copy he was genuinely appreciative that I wanted him on my committee - that was just cool to me. I was happy that he accepted.

so now time to work on my presentation. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home