Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Even closer

My major professor now has a hard copy of my thesis. I am wondering how much she will find wrong with it. I know there is at least one thing - I forgot to write out the reference for one book. Other than that who knows... So any one want to venture a guess? Whoever guesses correctly (closest guess - if two guess with in the same # from the correct # I will draw a name or play rock, paper, scissors with someone to decide.) So, guess the number of corrections I will have to make when I get my thesis back and maybe you will win something (yet to be determined). (Amendment: I have a total of 35 pages this includes title page and abstract although abstract is not going to add because it is being edited separately this time. Total # of text ~17.5 plus 2.5 of protocol/appendix...

So now that my professor has my thesis to look over she said I can start on my power point presentation. Reading that made me get that nervous feeling in my stomach. I am not looking forward to being up in front of a lot of people talking about what I did although that isn't as scary as what will happen after that. 2-3 hours of questions from my committee AH! Scary VERY scary. Need to not think about that now though. Just get presentation down and go from there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Janell said...

There will be a cut off for guesses but it has yet to be determined.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'll go with 42 corrections (since that is the answer to the universe).
the questioning is the scarey part 'cause you feel like they know everything and what little you did know left your brain as soon as you woke up that morning. ackk! now i am getting scared about my defense and i don't even know when i am going to be done.

10:25 AM  
Blogger KAN said...

I would venture to say 20 corrections...

4:26 PM  
Blogger k2h said...

how many guesses do we get?

my first guesse (in the off chance I get more than one) is 34.

my definition of a correction is basically the number of red marks on the page. if you get it back and it says 'rewrite paragraph x" then that counts as ONE change, not the number of words or letters in the paragraph!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm an optimist. I'll guess 13.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Yes you may only have one guess. I should be getting it back on monday so don't hold your breath to find out the answer.

9:51 AM  
Blogger forkev said...

using keith's definition of 'correctin' i'll venture 9.
you've been working with your inspector/professor for a while, you should have a good idea of what they want.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home