Monday, August 22, 2005

No more job hunting?

I was offered and accepted a position in Seattle as a Lab Tech. This isn't the type of research position I was originally looking for but it will give me good experience and will be plenty enough to pay the bills. I don't start till the 6th of next month so have a few days to kill some time. Will probably start having dreams about showing up to work late or messing up their lab by accident. There is a 30 probationary period when I start so if it is something I don't like it won't be a problem getting out. Or on the other side they can get rid of me... :(. I like the first idea better. There is the one job I applied for in person that I would take over this one in a heartbeat. So job hunting is mostly done. I will still keep my eyes open until I decide I like the work at this one. If it turns out to be something I hate I will continue my job hunting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you got something that will cover the expenses. You're right, if you don't like it for any reason, you can always keep looking, and it's so much easier to do that with the bills paid.

4:32 PM  
Blogger KAN said...

hooray hooray. You've been in my prayers.

Hope it works out well, and that you'll enjoy it. At least it's not counting bivalves and echinoderms all day :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger k2h said...

Awesome! I'm glad your back among the working ranks. for a second there I was worried you'd have to move to india or mexico to get an american job.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home