Friday, April 29, 2005

One Less Wasp

Our sliding glass door is having issues opening and closing. I found that if I open it from the back side down at the bottom it opens a bit easier. Well this evening I went to let Bo in and kneeled down to open the door and felt a sharp pain in the top of my foot on the bone that kinda sticks out below my big toe. My first thought was that there was a needle on the floor that stuck into me. I stood up and looked at my foot and saw (what I have now determined to be) a wasp. It was stuck in me pretty well not sure how I got it off me think just by shaking my foot – was shocking to see it there. It hurt – like I said it felt like a needle sticking in my foot. It feels fine now (two hours later), although can feel it ache a little when I think about it. I wish I had a digital camera to post a picture of it. Although I cut off its head because it was still moving. Before today I couldn’t remember the last time I was stung by something. Definitely makes me happy that I’m not allergic to their stings.

This web site shows picture of a wasp looks pretty much exactly like the one that stung me. http://www.pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/bees_and_wasps.htm

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you should've put baking soda on your foot =). you've got some real flying insect issues there...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Oh - Didn't mention my treatments. I did put baking soda on it at first. But them my mom remembered someone puting charcol on a sting and it helped a lot. So put that on afterwards. Both did seem to help. Not sure which was better. But only had a little red dot left when I went to bed. Today still have a red dot and no pain :).

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home