Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Four days down

I am enjoying working. It is a lot of microscope work but I they have me label test tubes and cups and fill out paper work to give me a break from it once in a while. The two things I've been counting are eggs - one is for bivalves - such as mussels, the other are sea urchin eggs. They are testing water quality for different places and such and use these as indicators of pollutants. From what I learned today in there weekly meeting that I was invited to - these are typical species they use in tests like this. I haven't looked online at all to see how common... All the people that are there are really nice so that makes the job even better. The only bad thing so far is that yesterday there was a car accident between here and there (the trip is just about 10 miles) on the freeway just before I was to get of the one I was on and onto I5. Well I got to work 40 minutes late. I was not happy. I am glad I had my cell phone - was able to call the temp place and they called in for me, so no one was upset when I got to work that late. Traffic is evil. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger KAN said...

Yay that the job is good! Glad to hear
it :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm glad you don't have to look through the microscope all day, that would get old. too bad about the traffic. i hate evil traffic. but at least you have a job! =)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay you! Yay job! Yay making more than your grandpa!

11:41 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

yay JOB! welcome to the working class. is there any talk about how long you get to work there before you are considered for full time? here it is about 6 weeks I think, and then we have the option to hire the temps. this is where we get MOST of our workers. the temp service is used as screening service so if you don't get along with someone, or they aren't working out you just send them back and the temp service sends another. if you survive for more than a month start inquiring about permanent employement.

We even hire temps for the machine shop (they start at 18$ per hour) and I have seen ENGINEERING temps in some of our other business's ($25+ / hr) so don't let anyone look down on you because your a temp! in our system, temps are loaded as CONTRACT WORKERS, and many people aspire to be those. I like to think of them as consultants, which is about as high as you can get. =)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home