Thursday, August 18, 2005

Job hunting (to the max... sure...)

Well I am once again jobless (as of a while ago...) but I have a job interview tomorrow. It is in Seattle and I figured if I'm going to go all the way to Seattle I might as well make good use of my trip. So I'm planning on stopping by another place, that has new positions open, to apply in person. I've applied online for a few jobs before but maybe this will make them take me more seriously. It gives me an opportunity to give cover letters (also means I need to write cover letters Yuck) whereas before I did not send any because of their online application format. So maybe that will also be helpful.

So that is my updated.

2 Comments:

Blogger k2h said...

For the job that you are going to apply in person know you are coming? depending on the situation it could be helpful to send your application / resume ahead of time so they could have time to setup and interview while your there. if you walk in cold turkey and they are interested, you will most likely be making a return trip for the interview.

good luck with the interviews!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

On their web pages it says... apply online, mail or fax, or in person... so I just went in. All you do come to find out is leave your resume/coverletter/references or what have you with the HR reseptionist person there at the desk. Cool thing was that I got a buisness card of the person who is doing the recruiting for the job (wasn't the same lady I handed my resume to but she gave it to me) and she told me to contact the person if I hadn't heard anything in two weeks. A second cool thing was the receptionist said "Good you have a coverletter." So if there are any other jobs I'm interested in there I will apply in person (drop off my resume in person) again.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home