Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Completely connected

My (our - Sarah and I) friend is here visiting - he is actually moving up here to Tacoma. Tonight we went to bestbuy and got a router and he hooked it up for us. So now I am completely connected to the internet and our connection is secure.
Keith if I had read your message earlier I probably would have taken you up on it but oh well... gotta spend my money on something I guess. :)

Now I can spend countless hours on my laptop where ever I want (with in range). I can waste time on the computer while watching tv even.

It is past my bedtime - but wanted to share my good news.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations and yay!

7:17 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

getting on the 'net is always my top priority. I didn't don't think I even turned up the heat in the new house before starting on getting the connection ready. congrats on the access!

out of curiosity, are you within range of a bunch of other wifi networks? I'm not sure if your in an apartment close to people, but if so, some people never turn on their encryption! =)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

I was able to connect to someones wireless for a while but I think they moved - everyone else is encrypted...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Caren said...

Yeah, I get pretty stoked when I can pick up someone's wireless. Congrats on getting the net! Yay!

11:27 AM  
Blogger forkev said...

i can help you with the encryption problem. if you have enough idle time on your computer, put your card in hooker mode (Promiscuous) and if you get enough traffic, you CAN figure out the key. the first generation (which i use) is absolutely FULL of security problems. I got a hacker book from the library and had to stop reading it as it was giving me too many interesting ideas and making me wish for the 12ft sat dish to use for wireless sniffing...

7:53 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

whats was the name of the book? its interesting to find current tech in book form.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home