Thursday, March 30, 2006

Car issues

For a while now I've noticed oil spots where I park at work. Last week I noticed my oil light blink on for a split second when I went up a hill. Ended up being 3 quarts low. NOT good. So now I have an appointment to get it looked at. Hopefully it won't be serious but will just have to wait and see. So don't be surprised if you see more posts on my car. Makes me consider getting something new or newer. I was looking at hybrids on the internet when my parents were here - my dad thinks they are still too new to be trusted. A girl at work today suggested a Yaris (its a Toyota), I hadn't heard of them. Its not a hybrid but it gets good gas mileage. Looked at their specs tonight - small car but kinda cute. I don't like the hatch back though at least not from the pics. I think the sedan is better looking than the Prius I think they are ugly... although mostly just the back end. If I had unlimited funds I think I'd go for a Honda Civic hybrid. They look more normal. Of course if I had unlimited funds I wouldn't care about gas mileage :).

In other news. At work they mentioned research again. Will see if and when it gets implemented but now I know I am one of the chosen to be rotated in when it starts (this is impressive when you factor in that I am a newbie and not everyone is getting rotated in at least not at this point). Will keep you posted as things develop.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. Also enjoyed your "Nerdy Stories"
Stop by and see my website at

http://www.freewebs.com/dsjohnson2323/index.htm

Have a good day! ; )

Doug Johnson

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think Daniel's settled on putting in a quart of oil for every 500 miles on our Mazda. :) Hope you have a better outcome!

11:04 AM  
Blogger forkev said...

i'm with dan.
check the fuel, top off the oil. it takes many years of extra quarts of oil to justify taking an engine appart, or worse, paying someone to do it.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Caren said...

I vote for the new car.;) You get "new car" smell. Mmmm...

BTW, congrats on the research thing! That is so way cool! Keep me posted.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's awesome that you are part of the chosen group to get to rotate into research!

car, not so cool... sigh.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home