Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Day with the Grandparents

Once a month my mom goes up to my grandparents (her parents) house and takes them to town for medical appointments (if necessary) and to go shopping. Since I've been home I haven't gone with her for various reasons but this time I did. Was fun despite having to get up early (for me) in the morning. Well what we did today - took my grandparents to town my Grandpa had a doctors apt. it didn't last long the rest of us waited in the car. Then we went to the grocery store I helped my grandma while shopping (got plastic bags for veggies - they were VERY high were not put there for people like her - she can't reach up very high not to mention that she isn't that tall... I did look around and see other ones lower but not as visible as the ones up high.... anyway...) I also helped her spot things she was looking for and got eggs for her while she was talking to people she knew that happened to be in the store too. We went to Bi-Mart also although only my Grandpa went in - it was his lucky # he won a free single use camera :). Went to a couple other stores. All in all was fun - it's good my mom lives close enough to visit also my uncle lives just down the road. The Grandparents are getting old and if any DMV was to renew either one of their license I'd be scared... Although they do currently both have legal ones. I just hope they really have realized they should not drive and should let others drive them - they are out in the middle of know where though - the family is hoping they will all of a sudden agree to move to town... well should stop rambling I could go on for a while am in a mood to write but wouldn't be anything exciting. So... yeah

2 Comments:

Blogger k2h said...

we went through the whole moving to town thing with my grandma. do you think when you move out (notice I said when, not if) that your grandparents will live with your mom and dad?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

No - they like the area the are in - best anyone could hope for would be to convince them to move to town where they are since they are out in the boonies right now. They are very happy in their church and have good doctors they are happy with... think it would be too much for them to move away. Even if it is only an hour and half away - would be a huge change. ALTHOUGH if one were to die (sad thought) the other might be more easily convinced to move.

(thanks for your vote of confidence, of the when I move out comment)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home